When you decide to host your website you’re going to have many web hosting options at your disposal that may confuse you in the first time. Each hosting company has several hosting plans with different prices and features. It all depends on your budget and hosting requirements. because there are many options, you need to make a decision if are to going to go with shared, VPS or dedicated hosting. In this article we will discuss only shared hosting.
Shared hosting is one of the most popular and cost effective hosting option for most people who are putting their websites online for the first time.
The word “shared hosting” means hosting multiple websites on one single server, where they all share disk space, bandwidth and other server resources, each website has it own domain name.Hundreds of websites may exist on the same physical server but hard drive space is separated so no one else has access to other people’s files or data.
The shared servers are monitored by hosting companies for any abuse or resource hogging, bad code or malicious scripts which may cause it to stop functioning, or shutting down every website on the server.
Hosting companies offer shared hosting plans to customers who expect their websites to have small or moderate traffic. These plans are offered at a reasonable cost. By allowing several websites to share computer hardware resources, and operating costs, the overall cost is spread over a larger number of clients which reduce costs for the clients and for the hosting company as well.
Shared hosting packages usually come with a simple to use client management interface, called cPanel which is provided by most hosting companies. cPanel allows you to set up file and FTP access, manage email accounts and other basic functions, giving you control over your website.
Just like anything else, shared hosting has it’s advantages and disadvantages, you should be aware of before making your decision to use it. The most attractive aspect of shared hosting for most people is its low cost.
Advantages of Shared Hosting
- Price: The cheapest hosting option available. The usual price for this style of hosting will range from $1.0 -$9.99.
- Easy Management :Usually comes with a built-in cPanel for easy site management
- No technical maintenance needs to be done on your end to the server, as this is usually included in part of your hosting package.
- Possibility to Upgrade: Making the a great option t to Start with Most hosting
Disadvantages of Shared Hosting
- Load time is usually slower than VPS or dedicated Hosting
- You don’t Know the number of neighbors who are sharing the resources with your website.
- If you are getting lots of traffic you will notice that your website performance becomes sluggish.
- Security is another concern of shared hosting. Although hosting companies are doing their best to protect their servers from malware or viruses, If one website is infected it may spread over to all websites on the server.
Despite the above disadvantages, this type of web hosting still the most attractive to consider. It is used by millions of individuals, businesses, and organizations from all over the World.
While Shared hosting is not the perfect solution for everyone, shared hosting is a great choice for websites that are smaller in size, don’t have a large amount of Web traffic, have lower security concerns and require cost-effective solutions for website hosting.
Although shared hosting is a less expensive way for businesses to create a Web presence, it is usually not recommended for websites with high traffic. These sites need to use either VPS or dedicated Web server.
You can start with shared hosting, then later upgrade or change hosting plan when you website grows up or gets more traffic. For best deals on shared hosting click here